GUARDIAN 11 KW GENERATOR FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Generac OHVI® Engine - Your Guardian Series generator might have to get you through days—or weeks—without utility power. Generac’s OHVI® engine, specifically designed for generator use, provides the reliability to power through the most severe outages.
- True Power™ Technology - Best-in-class power quality with less than 5% total harmonic distortion means clean, smooth operation of your sensitive electronics and appliances.
- Evolution™ Controller - The next generation of intuitive controllers featuring a multilingual, two-line LCD text display with color-coded, backlit buttons.
- Certified for 18" Installation to the Home - Third-party certified to NFPA standards to be installed as close as 18” from the home’s exterior wall, provided it is located away from doors, windows, and fresh-air intakes, and unless otherwise directed by local codes.
- Easy Installation - When combined with a pre-wired transfer switch or Smart Switch, re-engineered connection points, and composite mounting pad that eliminates the need for a poured concrete base (unless specified by local codes), the Guardian Series 11 kW generator is easy to install.
- Rated for Operation in Areas with Low Natural Gas Pressure - In areas with low natural gas pressure, the Guardian Series 11 kW generator can operate on natural gas pressures of only 3.5” of water column.
- All-Weather Steel Enclosure - Our durable powder-coat finish helps make the sturdy, Galvanneal steel enclosure perfect for all weather confitions. It’s also able to withstand 150 mph winds. Optional aluminum available, recommended for salt-air locations.
- Tool-less Fuel Conversion - Switch between natural gas and LP fuel in the field in a few seconds, without the need for any tools.
- Quick, Quiet Exercise Test - Standby generators require a short run-time periodically, known as exercise, to test and ensure the system is functioning properly and ready for an emergency. The Guardian 11 kW self-test runs for only twelve minutes. Choose your schedule - weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
- Mobile Link™ Compatible - Take advantage of Generac’s Mobile Link cellular remote monitoring system and check on your generator’s status using your computer, tablet or smartphone, even when you are away. Sold separately.
|GENERATOR||Model 006240-0 (14 KW)|
|Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (LP)||14,000 Watts|
|Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (NG)||14,000 Watts|
|Rated Maximum Continuous Load Current – 240 Volts||58.3 LP/54.2 NG|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||Less than 5%|
|Main Line Circuit Breaker||60 Amp|
|Number of Rotor Poles||2|
|Rated AC Frequency||60Hz|
|Battery Requirement (not included)||Group 26R 12 Volts and 525 Cold-cranking Amperes Minimum|
|Unit Weight (Pounds/Kilos)
|Dimensions (L” x W” x H”)||48 x 25 x 29|
|Sound output in dB(A) at 23 ft. with generator operating at normal load||66|
|Sound output in dB(A) at 23 ft. with generator in Quiet-Test low-speed exercise mode**
|Type of Engine||GENERAC OHVI V-TWIN|
|Number of Cylinders||2|
|Cylinder Block||Aluminum w/Cast Iron Sleeve|
|Valve Arrangement||Overhead Valve|
|Ignition System||Solid-state w/Magneto|
|Oil Capacity Including Filter||Approx. 1.9 Qts./1.8L|
Natural Gas cu.ft./hr.
Liquid Propane ft3/hr (gal/hr)
|Note: Fuel pipe must be sized for full load.Required fuel pressure to generator fuel inlet at all load ranges - 3.5-7" of water column for natural gas, 10-12" of water column for LP gas For BTU content, multiply ft3/hr x 2500(LP) or ft3/hr x 1000(NG)
|2-Line Plain Text LCD Display||Simple user interface for ease of operation|
|Automatic Start on Utility failure. 7 day exerciser|
|-Off||Stops unit. Power is removed. Control and charger still operate.|
|-Manual/Test (start)||Start with starter control, unit stays on. If utility fails, transfer to load takes place.|
|Programmable start delay between 10-30 seconds||Standard|
|Engine Start Sequence||Cyclic cranking: 16 sec. on, 7 rest (90 sec. maximum duration)|
|Engine Warm-up||5 seconds|
|Engine Cool-Down||1 minute|
|Starter Lock-out||Starter cannot re-engage until 5 sec. after engine has stopped.|
|Smart Battery Charger||Standard|
|Automatic Voltage Regulation with Over and Under Voltage Protection||Standard|
|Automatic Low Oil Pressure Shutdown||Standard|
|Overspeed Shutdown||Standard, 72Hz|
|High Temperature Shutdown||Standard|
|Failure to Transfer Protection||Standard|
|Low Battery Protection||Standard|
|50 Event Run Log||Standard|
|Future Set Capable Exerciser||Standard|
|Incorrect Wiring Protection||Standard|
|Internal Fault Protection||Standard|
|Common External Fault Capability||Standard|
|No. of Poles||2|
|Current Rating (amps)||100|
|Voltage Rating (VAC)||250|
|Utility Voltage Monitor (fixed)
|Return to Utility||approx. 15 sec.|
|Exerciser weekly for 12 minutes||Standard|
|Total Of Pre-Wired||14|
|No. 15A 120V||4|
|No. 20A 120V||6|
|No. 20A 240V||1|
|No. 30A 240V||-|
|No. 40A 240V||1|
|No. 50A 240V||-
|Circuit Breaker Protected
Available RMS Symmetrical
Fault Current @250 Volts
By sizing your generator according to your needs instead of your home’s square footage, you won’t overspend or be surprised by inadequate coverage. Decide what items are important to you in a power outage. these items are powered through circuits in your breaker box. the number of chosen circuits decides your generator size. Use this chart as a guide to determine the power you need.
Simple field conversion from natural gas to LP.
Generac OHVI Engine was designed specifically for generators. It out peforms most competitive generator engines with an engine life that is three to four times longer and has a significantly longer period between scheduled maintenance checkups.
Trupower Technology provides clean, smooth operation of sensitive electronics and appliances.
Sturdy, Aluminum enclosure with RhinoCoat™ are naturally rust and corrosion resistant. For salt air or high humidity conditions, aluminum is highly recommended to ensure decades of worry free service.
External “At-a-Glance” indicator lights offer an easy way to tell generator status without opening the generator enclosure.
Added Sound Reduction with enclosures that are lined with sound reducing foam panels for further noise reduction.
Hour Meter monitors run time, providing information to determine maintenance intervals.
Easiest installation on the market and an excellent value when purchased pre-packaged with a pre-wired transfer switch, or customize your system by purchasing the generator and transfer switch separately. Composite mounting pad is included, eliminating the need to pour a concrete base.
- True Power Electrical Technology
- Two Line LCD Multilingual - Digital Evolution Controller
- 100 Amp Pre-Wired EZ Switch
- Electronic Governor
- External Main Circuit Breaker, System Status & Maintenance Interval LED Indicators
- Sound Attenuated Enclosure
- Flexible Fuel Line
- Composite Mounting Pad
- Natural Gas or LP Gas Operation
- 5 year Limited Warranty
- UL 2200 Listed
- 26R Wet Cell Battery (NOT INCLUDED)